Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mosaic Quilt Block Class


I have enrolled in a block a month quilting class. It is one of my "mom breaks" for the month. I missed the first class in June so I will be working on two blocks this month.

This class has 12 different blocks that are 12 different techniques. I learned so much this week. We took and cut out squares and rectangles and sewed them together on a diagnal. It was so easy! I never knew working with triangles could be so easy!!!

I also learned handy technique to ensure that you lines and points match up. I wish I could describe it, maybe I will make a video on how to do it! Now there is an idea...

I am extra excited because this is the first quilt I made for myself. I choose colors that are "totally me." This quilt will represent a lot for me and I know I will treasure it!



In summation, the class rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment