Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Binding Update


I had been procrastinating finishing my Winnie the Pooh wall hanging because I thought the binding would take a long time and be very boring... However, I bit the bullet over the weekend and am happy to report it was actually enjoyable.

I really like hand work that is not super difficult. I like to be able to sort of turn on my auto pilot and hand stitch. For me, I found that doing a blind stitch was perfect for that.

I learned a couple new things too about binding. I learned that I should sew it with the machine onto the back and hand stitch it on the front. I also learned that when you are just learning to bind quilts, give yourself an extra 1/4 inch to work with, heck... go crazy, try 1/2 inch. You will thank yourself later.

I am sure this too, is just one of those things that you learn from sewing, riping, re-sewing and never making that mistake again.

That is me posing with my very first binding. Other than quilting I am also a scrapbooker. I am working on a 365 day photo journal, so I took this photo for that day. It is called Project Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment