Monday, May 24, 2010

Baby Blanket w/ Multiple Textures

This one is a kit that I bought. I just fell in love with the fabrics! It has a really soft plush material (solid brown) and some neat fabric. I would probably never buy another kit like this though, because they over charge and give you the bear minimum.

For this quilt, I didn't like the fabric they provided for the center so I choose a different one. Plus since I had an extra fabric piece I made this larger than the instructions. I just had to do some simple math and figure out my lengths.

I actually was not the one to make up this new design. Josh (my fiancee) basically designed this quilt for the baby. I let him make all decisions including what to put as backing. He choose an unconventional backing... terry cloth. This way the quilt is multifunctional. It can be a blanket or a towel!

I still have yet to finish quilting this one. It was going to be my first machine quilted quilt, but I needed a walking foot. So this is put on hold until I get one....

No comments:

Post a Comment