Monday, May 24, 2010

9-block- MY FIRST QUILT

This is the first quilt I made in December 2009. It is a simple 9-block quilt, that I would recommend for any starter. I did not use binding on this quilt and I tied it off. So technically I have heard this means it is called a "comforter," but to me it is a quilt. The first quilt I made my baby.

Steps I followed:
Picked out one light, dark and medium fabrics.
Ironed fabric
Cut 3.5 inch strips, cut 3.5x3.5 blocks. I figured out my arrangement and began sewing strips of three squares with a 1/4 seam. Once I got three strips of three squares I sewed them together. I used a 1.5 inch boarder between blocks.

Fairly simple, but I was so proud when I finished it.

P.S. Please forgive my lack of knowledge in the terminology department... remember, beginner! LOL
Till next time... sew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment